- Affiliate links: This website occasionally uses affiliate links. That means if you buy something through one of these links, you won’t pay more but we will receive a small commission. This income is intended to help us keep the Hustle Escape website running. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Advertisements: We also use a limited number of adverts to support continuation of the website (anchor ads or sponsored links at the end of articles) while aiming to maintain the reader experience. To this end, your personal data will be processed and information from your device (cookies, unique identifiers, and other device data) may be stored by, accessed by and shared with third party vendors, or used specifically by this site or app. Some vendors may process your personal data on the basis of legitimate interest, which you can object to by managing your options in the GDPR and cookie notice on the website.
- Comments: When visitors leave comments on the site we collect the data shown in the comments form, and also the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Media: If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
- Cookies: If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
- Retention period: If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
- Data rights: If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Spam checks: Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.